Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Update on Life!

Okay so I wanted to write just a quick little update on everything that has been going on with us!

Lamar has started school now as a full time student at ASU (p.s. I can't believe I married an ASU fan!) and so he has switched to working part time at the process serving company that he has been working at since he got home from his mission to New Jersey.

I started working at Cortina Elementary School as a Special Ed Aid in a kindergarten classroom. That is my technical job title but really thats hardly what I do. In the mornings I have the cutest little boy named Campbell who has Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, and Autism. He wears cardinals braces on his legs and has a pump connected to him that pumps fluids into him continually because he has a very high risk of choking on liquids. He can only walk about 5 minutes because he gets so tired and he leaves half day and goes and sleeps the rest of it! He is the cutest kid and he is so smart. He is one of the few boys in the class that actually listens to the teacher and does everything he's supposed to! So Campbell is the first half of my day (the easy and my favorite half) , and then in the same class as Campbell there is a little boy named Joey who just needs a little extra help. To be honest we don't know what is wrong with him or anything because his IEP doesn't say anything except for speech problems. But really he just isn't on the same level as the others in his class and I really hope we can figure a way to help him more. So I kinda try and give Joey extra attention, redirect him about a million thousand hundred times a day to remind him what he's supposed to and not supposed to be doing. Because I'm in the same class all day I'm kind of just an aid to the teacher as well, helping with the students, doing little errands, tying shoes like 30 times a day atleast. It's really fun and I love my job! It's exhausting some days and can really try my patience. But it's giving me great experience in teaching and even how to be a better mom some day! Since I'm working basically full time and all day there it doesn't leave much time for school, but I am taking a Public Speaking class at CGCC that is going good so far!

So that is what's going on with the Taylors!

No comments:

Post a Comment